Monday, April 02, 2007

Yellow, Yellow, Dirty Fellow

Well, this piece was written by me quite sometime back and as the blog would say, since I dreaded a severe backlash I held back from posting. Though I did show it to a few people, particularly THE friend and did have a severe backlash. I have since changed my opinion about several things and look forward to see the strolley first thing in the morning and having a ride in that sometimes. But me being Cheeky ( u ) thought will post it for sheer academic interest. Here goes the original blog

OK, I can already smell and dread a trillion more minus points for me. Looks like there won’t be any redemption whatsoever in this life and few hundred life’s afterwards too.

Now, do you think that you ever control what your tongue speaks? Somehow I don’t believe so! It has a mind on its own and it would go on saying what it wants with scant respect to the person who owns it on first place. As if it just doesn’t care what kind of issues it can create by not keeping shut.

I can visualize one big tongue chasing me like Anaconda, wrapping me up and crushing my bones and slowly digest me over a six-month period. It puts me in such kind of trouble.

So what if you don’t have a number stored in a new phone? Why cant you simply act as if you know? Why would you even ask who are you? And now that’s some 10000 minus for you. Don’t try to be rational and assume it is someone and start having a dialogue. You may honestly end up with some 100000 minus points. Because your tongue anyway is your sworn enemy and it will ditch you by telling the wrong name. Guess I should become smarter like a nephew of mine, who called all his girl friends ‘kuttima’. So endearing and so mistake-proof!! What an infinite wisdom with someone almost half my age?

OK, then your tongue finds a friend in the TV. Guess its time they made some good audio outputs from TV. They believe it is all visuals and not much of sound. Yeah right!! Till you tell the girl that it doesn’t sound like her voice and it is dubbed and you are seriously pissed off about someone screwing up with a lovely voice. Now what’s wrong with that? Genuine concern and admiration right!? It is, till you realize that the voice is not dubbed. Can you now imagine the repercussion? You actually mentioned that the voice you heard in the TV is not good. Period. Forget the TV that would have played a villain, forget your genuine care. All you said was the voice does not sound good. Did I say that? Now it looks like the tongue apart from ‘lack of control’ also lacks finesse and vocabulary. Already into a billion minus points!

The tongue doesn’t learn. One of the most egg-headed appendages I have known in my life. It goes out and tells, you look better in the TV. Was it a compliment? Of course it was, only issue is that instead of using ‘Great’, the tongue used ‘Better’, which actually means in real English that you don’t look good in person. Now, an appendage that lacks control, finesse also happens to hold opinions and profess that with the limited vocabulary it has. Now it has gone into trillions already.

I have strictly instructed the tongue never to even breathe a word about a small, yellow car. After all, yellow is sunny & bright, a color that spreads so very well. It has everything going for it, this yellow color. Only thing I have asked the tongue to exercise caution is not to mention about ‘not having seen yellow strolleys moving on road’ by itself.

No comments: