Monday, April 02, 2007

My 100th Post

Let me confess. It is my daughter’s idea. She is a keen reader of my blog and she suggested that my 100th Post should be about my blog writing. Not wanting to disappoint one of the 5 or 6 readers I have, I am honoring her desire.

It’s not to say that I don’t have a secret pride. I do have. I can already hear 'show off, show off' from a distance. But,I am extremely happy to have started blogging and more than happy to have pursued it this far and have a decent count against my name. Considering my meandering ways, I would say this is a great achievement. Maybe because I like writing! But surely because I have these 5 to 6 faithful readers!

I didn’t have a clue about what to write when I started. So, kicked off with one of my old poetries and rambled something on that post. Doing some stupid stuff like defining an objective or giving a substantiation about why I started the blog. I received 3 faithful comments. Kind one’s encouraging me to continue.

Then it was hunting for some topics, wrote on a movie I saw, then a translation I made of a poem 20 years back. Atlast after considerable starting trouble managed a couple of posts that were my own thoughts.

Then came a lull again. Put some fillers like images. And once confessed that I don’t have anything to write and made it as a post. This was on for about 3 to 4 months.

And then somehow the bug bit me. Bit me strong and hard. So hard that I now write if there is a smell from the kitchen, a sneeze, or a morning or just being and don’t wait to get dizzily pregnant with ideas ( ok , this sentence is a clear lift from my critic, not very original ). Anyway the point is that I did start writing about anything and everything. To the extent that my younger daughter telling that she will buy me a laptop when she grows big, while she could not graduate beyond ear rings and vegetables for others.

Anyway here I am and I want to dedicate this post to these guys

  • My wife Aruna who is extremely faithful that she has never said one word bad about my posts when I myself know I have posted many a trash.
  • My Daughter Teju for whom I wanted to write more and more
  • Krithika, who commented on my first post and till today reads it almost the next minute I publish and a very able critic, good writer and tough competition.
  • Siddarth, who claims to have started his blog inspired by me, but puts me to shame by writing so very well and made me a huge favor by making me stop attempting to write in a rich and flowery manner
  • My Brother in law Subbu, who started late, but went through all the posts in one night and gives me more and more dope in the form of weblinks.


Thank you guys. You have made my day. And almost made true my fancying myself as a person who could write. And to the person who encouraged me to start blogging, but these days do not have much time to read what I write.

2 comments:

krithi said...

Hey E-Square(Ethukeduthaalum Ezhuthaalar). Hats off to You on becoming a Centurion. Its heartening to note that India still has somebody to hit a century. This humble paavam eppovaavathu ezhuthaalar( whom u call tough competition due to your generosity) is panting and hyperventitalting to keep pace with you. Please pay for my visits to the shrink to treat my severe inferiority complex caused by UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

sidwho? said...

Thanks!!! Its indeed an honor to be acknowledged by the person whom one looks upto as the inspiration. And thanks for the kind words. I can assure you that we belong to a Mutual Admiration Society..:-)

I must confess being envious of your prolific and endless supply of topics.As I have said earlier, I am sure someone next to you can actually hear your mind constantly buzzing with fresh ideas for your next blog..u not just scored a century but have an excellent strike rate too!!