Friday, April 06, 2007

Crime & Punishment

Whenever I take the car out in the evening a massive rage attacks me. I feel like just getting down from the car, catch the errant guys by the collar and smash them to pulp. My wife keeps telling me that I am made out of anger and not flesh and bones.

I am by nature an angry guy. But I always felt that my anger was fairly justified and my father-in-law helped me redefine that as ‘righteous indignation’. How true he is!

I get thoroughly pissed off when people get away lightly with crimes. And increasingly keep asking the question to many others and myself about how the bad guy always manages to skip the punishment.

I have seen really slimy guys do one elaborate ritual of being decent with women, but use their position and power to behave diametrically opposite. I have seen guys who talk like their words are dipped in honey, but not mean even one of them. There are many such characters. For me, the anger stimulants could start from a PTC bus driver who just doesn’t care about lanes and blocks your green signal, indecent honker, to liars & rapists.

In Vishnu Purana it is written clearly about what kind of punishments that awaits at Hell and who would get what. Just for academic interest I have listed them.

Rowravam: Torturing through an animal called Guru
Sooharam: Torturing through Pigs.
Rodham: Place where one is made to stand still.
Thaalam: Pushed from a palm tree and cut through its leaves.
Visanasam: Cutting by a short blade.
Mahajwaalam: Burning in a huge fire
Tabdhakumbam: Boiling in hot oil
Lavanam: To cut part by part and apply salt in that.
Vilohitham: To suck the blood
Rudhirarambam: Immerse is simmering blood
Vaidharani: To cross a deadly river
Kirumisam: Drilled by worms
Kirumibojanam: To be made to eat worms
Krishnam: To walk in the sharp iron thorns
Dharunam: Biting cold place
Sandhamisam: To pluck the tongue
Asibathiravanam: Walk over sharp knives
Booyavaham: A very smelly and unbearable place
Krishnasoothiram: To tie up tight from the toe all around the body.



But I have my special list about who gets what and the list would read as

PTC Bus Drivers: Tabdhakumbam
Telemarketers: Thaalam
Jaywalkers: Krishnam
Brain Conservers: Rodham
Sycophants: Mahajwaalam
Liars: Lavanam
Parasites: Kirumisam
Double tongues: Sandhamisam
MCP’s: Sooharam
Guys who don’t stock KF Beers: Dharunam


I am looking at really growing this list and any contribution would be extremely welcome and I would make a list of good things that would await them at heaven.

3 comments:

supersubra said...

one of my friend used to say "if everybody is as intelligent as you are then you wont be as intelligent as you are now". So accept the fact "Loko binna ruchi". The world is beautiful because it is not homogeneous.

krithi said...

Mr. Anniyan, If anything untoward happens to anybody in our common circle, I will immediately nail the culprit. But don't you worry. U will still escape, as I will send your name out in press release through the PR agency

Shrikanth said...

Thats true Subbu. World is beautiful because its homogenous. But isnt it a surprise we like only like-minded people !! :)