Sunday, April 15, 2007

Homage to my Stomach

I am dead certain that my stomach is going to burst anytime soon. Been outing frequently and having feasts. But that’s not the reason why this would be happening. It is because, the words I have to eat back is what causing this flatulence and hence the fear.

I thought 41 years is decent enough time to form opinions and you can hold firm to that. Appears not to be. Some of them are getting changed now. Worse are things that I say about insomnia and all are coming apart.

A while back I was moaning about lack of sleep and waking up at odd times. And I even made an elaborate plan to keep me occupied during those times. And I was so excited at that prospect because some of them were pretty naughty thoughts.

But I am now bitten by a tsetse fly. I sleep as if I will somehow make up for all the lost time. Been doing anywhere between 8 to 10 Hrs and on a typical weekend I add it up with another 3 Hrs of afternoon siesta. I should be happy about it, isn’t it? But I am not.

I am not happy at the fact that I alternate between insomnia and over-sleeping. It affects my routine. I was doing so many things during my insomniacal period and all that’s gone now. My unhappiness is because I haven’t written much these days too. These periods were either giving me ideas or lot of free time to write.

Sets me thinking about what changed. Maybe I am not restless anymore. I am fairly settled in my thoughts that nothing begs immediate release. Maybe something was bugging me and I have come out of that nagging feeling. And this relaxation also makes me sleep better.

Anyway, I was hoping to stay awake at odd times and get bitten by a sexy fly, but it happened to be the tsetse fly. To hell with the stomach, let it digest whatever I eat. Afterall one should keep changing to get better!!!

No comments: