Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cheap Gazers & the likes!!

Nothing angers me more than keeping off stalkers when I am out with my family in a place like the beach. These guys are drunk and have this permanent stupid grin in their faces and belong to the most optimistic groups of the world. They would not have seen a bath or a mirror for a thousand years and they think they have a chance to score something.

What is this something only God knows. Maybe just have a sleazy look at victims, or come closer to just have a second of contact, or if it is some really hopeful jerk, he will make an attempt to establish a dialogue. Day befor yesterday I came across one such character. Been stalking us for a long time and I didn’t notice him initially. My folks did. And when we walked across to another shop he was following. That’s when I noticed and my blood started boiling immediately.

It has been ages for me to have really bashed someone up and the day was anyway a frustrating one on many reasons. So I could see anger welling up inside me and already started working out in mind, which tool I would use if I lose my patience. I stationed myself closer to a crate of empty bottles, which is what I zeroed in as my weapon of punishment to this sleaze. And I started thinking about whether to hand him over to police stationed nearby lest I get into some trouble. But somehow when I just barked at him once, he backed off and apart for furtive glances he kept his distance. I wonder why we tolerate such people in life. That’s what emboldens them. I kept thinking that I should have used the first available opportunity to give it pretty hard to him. Maybe it was some inherent decency or lack of confidence or plain fear that could have been there subconsciously in my mind, stopped me from doing it.

As I was just contemplating about our levels of patience or just ignorance about these cheap guys, it dawned on me, not many are different from that beach bum. The attempts vary as per educational level. But all are jerks anyway. If you are slightly better educated, you may probably throw some wisecracks and look for a response and if there is no resistance, you push a bit. And if you happen to be even better in intelligence, you use humor as a mask and throw the same wisecracks and look for response. It happens at all every place.

What is that with men? Why should they be such jerks? I don’t claim myself to be an angel. But I know atleast I am honest. Don’t resort to such cheap tactics. I tell what I feel. In no uncertain terms! No ambiguity, no pushing the edge of the envelope, no waiting to see whether my attempt is agreeable and by sheer ignorance, the victim chooses not to slipper me, then pushing the luck further. I also don’t claim this as a good or a better tactic, I simply feel that I am honest to myself minimum. But many even refuse that realization to themselves. They try and keep trying and when atlast they get a message the other way, they retreat licking the wounds and start looking for another victim when the first one heals.

Anyway, cheap tactics doesn’t get too far these days and girls are much smarter than they were during my times. They know when to give it back and they do. Maybe they have understood this well, after years of learning about how to stave off such crude attempts.

But I am convinced that men don’t understand unless it is spoken in a plain language. Like any other communication gaps between men and women, even in this, unless told to keep the f*** off, they won’t.

No comments: