Friday, April 20, 2007

Workout's & Me

Really wished that I never bought this treadmill and the gym at home. I was acting as if I am going to burst in weight the next day and as usual bullied the vendor to deliver it yesterday. And it came and sat, nicely just next to my dining table. As if, the presence of it will be a deterrent for hogging food!

It was ok initially. Found all reasons about why one should spend 40K buying these equipments and work out at home. One of major reasons was, what if it rains! You will miss a day’s walking!! I knew I have some sense of humor, but this I later realized was the best demonstration. Think about it, investing 40K because I don’t want to miss one day of workout. Hahahaha!! I don’t remember the last time I touched them now.

I also was dreaming about building up my physique, kill age and things like that. But nature’s design is something else. It doesn’t work in the same pace as your dreams do. And worse is that, the improper estimation sets you back. Bloody hell, these machines just don’t care a damn about you and you really have to workout full time instead of going to office, if at all you intend to get any closer to what you want to be. The cost of paraphernalia for these workouts was also high. Bought a new pair of running shoes. iPod was a must.

Now, it is more a task to keep them from rusting because at some point of time guilt catches up with you. You spent so much; the least you can do is keep them in good condition. Think about this irony, these machines were bought to keep you in good condition and now I need to take care of them to stay in good condition.

Anyway, my well-wishers and friends contribute their bit to my laziness by constantly asking ‘how do you manage to stay fit’ and I started feeling, why should I even work out. I am ok as it is.

The real answer to their question is ‘ Providence’. I am plainly lucky to stay fit. And of course I do work out by cleaning the machines. That’s a very good exercise. You would say that they met their purpose one way or other. Wouldn’t you???

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

While you seem to be quite fit and in pink of heath( touch wood) , the neglected machine I am sure is in need of some working out to stay in shape???