Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Withdrawal Symptoms

My palms were itching, there was palpitation, my tongue got dry, there was this craving at my brain, there was some unjustified anger and irritation written all over me. As far as I knew, I wasn’t addicted to anything.( as long as I get to define addiction ). I really started getting worried. Didn’t know what these symptoms were for. Got tempted to quickly visit a doctor and get some drug prescribed and get all right.

Then it dawned on me. It was almost 72 hours since I wrote anything at all. And then the pieces started to fall in place. Picked the laptop, typed junk and practiced ‘asdfasdf’ and like a magic the symptoms disappeared. Well, I was joking. I really don’t type junk; I write some serious stuff and if it appears as junk in the blog, then blame it on google. It wasn’t me.

Guess even in the strictest liberal standings I set for myself, this would get termed as addiction. Sitting out and writing at 4 am and posting blogs! People give plenty of reasons about why one writes.

An eternal chase of a wandering soul is one of the prime contenders for the topmost position. I think the chase is about the words and not anything else. I was churning out words like a factory lately.

I suddenly found myself short of them for 3 days. Or maybe I was speaking too many. And I was exhausting my word stock. Point is that, it resulted in all these symptoms and here am I, blogging to glory again. Maybe I will speak less today. Good for the guys at office.

No comments: