Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Strayed Sheep

I recently read a very moving piece by a fantastic actor in Tamil movies. In fact I had been wanting to call him up and get rights for translating his works in English. Whether he would agree I don't know! But, I am sure it will make very good reading. Just because what he has written so far has been pretty good and however hard I try I may not be able to spoil that and am pretty hopeful that I can capture the essence of what he has wanted to say.

I have always liked his writing because of the candor that he displays and his admission of follies and the realisation today. Which is what more or less I do in my blogs I think! He does not hold anything back, he has not been afraid of his image as an actor ( maybe it does him good to be a bad guy in the movies, expectations are set right to a great extent that way ). And he just tells what he wants to tell.

This one that I am refering about his mother who has always spoken about the Lord and Good Shepherd and how He gets us together when we scatter. And the lamb on the Lord's shoulders. But what moved me was his interpretation of his mother's love and how she showered more love on him while he was the rotten apple of the family amongst all.Her substantiation would always be that, this son who is the scattered sheep is the one that needs direction than the others.

And he admits that he still scatters. But he reasons it out so very beautifully. He says ' It is only the scattered lamb that gets the glory of Lord's shoulder' . Maybe it is a smart arguement to justify one's folly, but I feel if your heart is large enough to admit what you do is not good, right there you open up yourself for God and He opens up his arms for you.

There could be a lot of things when seen from someone else's perspective that can be seen as wrong or right. But it is the person who does those things, judges it. And so does the Lord on judgement day.

I have never feared about what I do or what I say. In my life, I may have stopped saying a few things, not because I am afraid or shy to say that, but more so because the ones who hear me, should not feel hurt. It was never about what others will think of me, it was always about what others would feel about what I say.

And thanks to my stars or the people who understand me so very well,I am always treated with more respect than the slimey ones when I say what I want to say. Guess they would be hurt if I don't say it.

Sometimes it pays to be the sheep that strayed.

No comments: