Friday, March 02, 2007

Laissez-faire

Just got prompted to write this, when I received a ‘forward’ this morning about what a man should do to please a woman. The list was some 53 items long. Starting from being a friend to being a plumber. :))

And it also ends up saying what should a woman do to please a man. The answer is pretty straightforward and simple. ‘Leave him alone’

OK, I am not being sexist here. But having said that, I think all men are invariably sexist as much as women being sexy.

I could not help but wonder about the truth in the statement though, no debate about the 53 items. For a man, the best you can do is leaving him alone. That’s when he is at his happiest. Read in the book, ‘Why woman cry and men lie’ about how our brains are hard-wired differently for millions of years that any attempt now to change it will only be futile.

It comes from the need of men going out to hunt those days and it warranted total silence, lest the game gets scared away. So, even when you are amongst a group of people, if you are a man, you never spoke. (Unless there is too much beer in the system, but then there is nothing called as ‘too much beer’)

On the contrary, women were never sure about the return of the partners that they felt it was imperative to socialize. So, even after millions of years, men speak 1/4th of the number of words in a day as women.

There are funny examples about how men can spend 4 to 5 hrs with a friend and still not collect any worthwhile information about his life, family etc. Maybe that comes one own ‘Leave me alone’ attitude.

I hunted whole of Pattaya to buy a T Shirt that said ’Leave me alone’. I can’t help but marvel at the truth of the statement so.

Sometimes gems of revelations happen through mere forwards!!

2 comments:

sidwho? said...

I am extremely fond of my wife , but frankly, when she told me that she has to be in Cgennai for almost a month for work, I couldnot help a secret whoop and a hi-5..reason- the otherwise agonising absence corresponds with World Cup!!
I have noticed that women never understand why u have to listen to the commentary when you are watchingthe proceedings anyway- and there would be demand for a serious conversation, unerringly timed to coincide with the most riveting point of the match. Infact , these tete-a-tete are timed better than a Sourav ganguly square-drive!!!!

Shrikanth said...

Or they can never understand why we are so riveted to the TV seeing highlights for the umpteenth time. :))