Sunday, March 25, 2007

Crybabies, Girls & Mars

Something is happening to me these days. And I am worried like a deadbeat about it. At 40 plus, I guess there should be worries.Its only natural. Why am I cribbing like this I dont know? Maybe I like cribbing.

Let us face the issue. You know what bugs me? Girl children are mighty scared of me these days.The moment they have one look at me, they start crying non-stop.It all started with my nephew's daughter of 1 year. All I said was a well meaning Hi to her and there she started. And it is about 6 months now, whenever she sees, just sees me even in a 3000 sq ft open lawn, she starts crying. I thought something is wrong with my goatee, so I shaved it off. But she still cries.

And then the fan club just started getting bigger and bigger. Next was my BIL's daughter from US.I thought kids there should be ok, as they get to see more frightening figures than me. But, just don't hope man. You are in for it. All my expectations about the Americans coming to rescue is just a pipedream. Only thing different was that she was pretty clear about her action. With some funny accent, she told, I don't like Shrikanth Mama.

And then this kid next door. She is in preschool. All I asked was her name. She told that and I had some difference of opinion about it. And I called her something else.And then she started crying non-stop.

Maybe, some aliens came down and planted something on me, that is visible only to girl kids. And I appear with a couple of antennae and misplaced organs and stuff like that. But I thought kids would laugh at it. Only I should cry really.

Anyway,there are 3 kids who dont cry. My 2 daughters and another kid of my SIL. That one lives in a world of her own and has consented to include me in that. These kids on the contrary have huge fun with me.

So life goes like this.There was a time kids would just jump on me. Now after I have become a Maritan, things are different.

You know what, different with some saving grace. Older girls are liking me ;) I have issues only kids lesser than 20. Cross that, I am acceptable. Why acceptable ?? Some of them adore me. And it is proportionate as the age goes up. :)) And thats great fun. Thanks to the Mars.

Who cares about kids afterall???

No comments: