Sunday, March 04, 2007

Disclaimer

“Whatever I write, is purely a figment of my imagination and in no way resemble any living thing. And resemblance, if any is purely coincidental”.

Well, I am forced to put this disclaimer on my blog. My wife has been threatening to leave me, if I continue writing all stupid stuff. (well, its again a joke, don’t ask me why I am not jumping at the offer)She says that, on me making such a drama out of the incidents and a character out of her, which is completely ‘out of character’ of her.

One of our uncles in all his books writes in first person narrative and main characters in the books are an existent wife and a non-existent brother-in-law. Thocchu & Kamala are fixtures in all his books.The only thing that is really common about the character and the real Periamma is just the name. I just could not imagine then, how she became fodder for his humor. Now I can. You just pick a personality and make humor. That’s it!!

And humor is mostly exaggeration or over-simplification. Something out of place in real world!! Like Disney’s four -legged creatures walking in two legs and talking. Or a misplaced word in a most opportune time, or a right word in the most inopportune time!!

Not all humorists are PG Wodehouse’s, who to quote one of the other uncles, ‘Had a logic in humor".Honestly, the criminal in the blanket stuff could be me. But then, the blog is mine too. Hahahaha…

So, please, please, let the planet understand, what I write is just a figment of my imagination and any resemblance, if any is purely coincidental.

But how come, it resembles someone I know is a million dollar question that bugs me consistently. :))

3 comments:

supersubra said...

//My wife has been threatening to leave me//

I knew Internet is a powerful communication network and blog is one of the best tool. But Never expected Blogging will make life this much easier. ;-)

Shrikanth said...

You bet , everyday I understand how we are yet to harnass the full potential of the Net :))

sidwho? said...

NET profit!!