Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bomb with me

These security checks are a big parody. Wherever it may be!! Airports, Software parks, Malls etc. Everyone employed in security agencies do their job mostly because they just want to do a job and not save lives etc. Afterall this is not an army job right?!

I can’t help but laugh at the insipid attempt to spot terrorists at these places. If these are the people we trust our lives to, then I have a huge issue. And if they really spot one and stop him, then the terrorist should be a fool of a first order himself.

I always secretly harbored a thought that the airport security guys are gays. Just imagine what a nice job then it would be. Day in and day out, keep on feeling someone. But that’s what they do precisely. A cursory feel-over and they know you don’t carry a bomb. Awesome, isn’t it?? These Einstein’s are what India needs.

Now this morning, I had a full experience of how silly security checks and arrangements can be. Last night I left my car at the office and got myself dropped home. Went to pick the car this morning. I asked my wife to come with me. I had my ID card and these guys won’t allow my wife with me.

And they deliberately employ people from deepest villages of Bihar, so that whatever you talk, you don’t strike a decent conversation with these higher primates. They insisted that I get a visitor’s pass for my wife.

I wrote a request form, saying that she is there to meet me and signed her name. And I was with her. These jokers stamped it and gave me. Bingo…

They do all these elaborate arrangements to check the car underneath with a mirror and all, but you can easily carry a bomb in the boot. That they wont open the boot. Afterall they want to really work hard to catch a terrorist.

Anyway, with that stupid visitor’s pass we walked through easily and no one after that checked us.

But my million-dollar question is that, how come they knew that my wife is a bomb??

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

last evening while coming to Chennai , i was carrying 3-4 matchboxes with me .. an elaborate arrangement , since i often find myself with ciggies but without matchboxes while travelling. During security checkin i was told i cant carry them on my person. So I dropped them into my laptop case ( my hand baggage) with nods of approval from the security wallahs!!!!