Sunday, March 04, 2007

Home Theatre

“All the world is a stage” is what Shakespeare said. And when your world is just home, the home becomes the stage & theatre unto itself.

Now my home, or what I call as home are all of 3 other people. My wife and 2 other wonderful daughters. There are many other characters too in my stage. But these three are the protagonists.

Each one a different character by themselves! My youngest is the best of the lot. Most times, I think she is a pantomime. And someone holds the strings somewhere to move this lovely puppet. Her roly-poly has me in splits and the eyes are a revelation. I wonder whether we can ever get that innocence and brightness ourselves again. Her eyes speak a million words. And one charismatic smile that will sweep you off the feet! How can such small non-speaking part in a stage make such a profound impact beat my imagination greatly! She will appear as if, if love had a form walking around, it would look like her. And the pantomime’s role is not all humor and love. You should see the anger in her eyes when we say something she doesn’t like.

Next in line, is an advanced pantomime. The elder one, with her childishness and an inherent motherliness is all you need in life. You don’t know what to love really, her childishness or the resemblance of your wife whom you stopped saying you love. Or some parts of you as a stupid kid that you seem to love yourself about! She has a world and stage of her own and I am probably a speaking part in that, albeit beyond his prescribed dialogue.

The hero of the stage is my wife really. Did someone tell you that there are only 9 different emotions in a person? If you find that guy, let me tell you, beat him to death. The sheer range of emotions she can display will put Marlon Brando and Sivaji to shame. And the fact that, emotions are displayed in a very logical manner is a fallacy. I told you before; a leaking tap is my villain (always believed I was worth more). Afterall you don’t get to direct the play. You just play a surprise part with no pre-defined dialogue and script. And if you think your actions will only elicit an appropriate emotion, then again you are a fool. The stage today is different buddy. Learn that first!!!

And for me, did I say I have a role?? I just was self-indulging. Humoring me. A clown needs inspiration afterall. I am more a spectator and a stand-up comedian who never really stands up. : ))

3 comments:

supersubra said...

my better half used to say "You never dictate me to do this or that, But I end up doing what you intended". In Great directors movie they never show up them self but each and every frame of the movie will talk about them. Probably u are one such

SS

supersubra said...

forget to tell you
You really got a good home theatre
One woofer two surround sound tweaters

Shrikanth said...

Haha, never thought of it that way. I keep telling teju that she is a surround speaker anyway.