Thursday, March 15, 2007

Honey I shrunk myself

I am afraid I am shrinking in size :( It is kinda crazy. Haven’t yet bothered to find out when this happens. But I know it happens. Worst is that I expand too.

I say this because, my shirt size ranges from 40 to 42 at any given time. I was thinking that I was 42 and bought a lot in that size and suddenly felt it was hanging on me and I was walking inside the shirt before the actual walk. So, I shifted to 40, which seemed to be perfect, meaning both me and shirt was walking together.

Everyday it has become an ordeal. Like a man possessed I have amassed clothes and shoes. And me being as fashion conscious as an African tribe member, my wife goes through the ordeal really, when I have to choose what to wear. But despite my color blindness and lack of trendiness, I sure have an opinion about what’s good looking and what’s not. The issue gets compounded only here.

She will pick a pair, but that day would be a Size 40 day and I would look like a homeless bum in that dress. So, we have a huge ruckus about it and she ultimately gives up vowing not to be my fashion consultant anymore, till next day morning.

But I am a quick learner you see, so I label that pair as a bum pair and I don’t try that again, till curiosity gets the better of me. And when I do, if fits :( . This is what the issue is. I don’t know what size I am on which day. How can I even try hundreds of shirts before starting to office everyday?

Maybe I am wood and I expand in winter and shrink in summer. Or some such stupid stuff!!

Added to it, there are presuppositions about colors men should wear and what they should not. Pink, Lavender and such colors are crime I guess. But all my shirts have one line or shade of pink that it can be spotted only by the eagle-eyed women at office. And I don’t understand why on earth they make shirts of that color if we are not supposed to wear. I surely don’t buy them at Bollywood; the Van Heusen’s and the Arrow’s sell them.

There are many men who go through this issue and they solve it the best way possible. They wear whites & blues. I hate it. But, I don’t know why I feel eyes at my back when I choose an abnormal color to wear. Who cares afterall? It is my choice anyway.

But if the pressure gets too much to handle, I am gonna find a unique solution which surely would be unpalatable :P But that choice will be better than a Pink color, hanging shirt on a homeless bum.

2 comments:

supersubra said...

What you need is Jackie chan's Tuxedo type dress that will change its size
to fit the body (a sci-fi achievable thru Nano technology and smart fabrics)

Visit these links to have a glimpse of future fabrics


http://www.research.philips.com/newscenter/pictures/ldm-lighting.html
http://www.research.philips.com/newscenter/pictures/downloads/ldm-lighting_27-0_h.jpg

Shrikanth said...

Subbu , you are too much. How come you know almost everything ??? :))