Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mystic Force

You may call it whatever you want. Fate, God, Nature, Destiny !!! But I call it as mystic force.

There are many things that I can do. I know I am capable of doing. And I am not someone who is too worried about consequences. And I define my own morality. I keep professing everyone and myself that being good at any point of time is what is more important and that is what defines morality even.

What is right for you could be wrong for someone else and there is what you call as Swadharma if you are smart and karma if you are a fatalist. So I don’t bother too much about rights and wrongs, because practically I define them. And I don’t do any wrong.

But there are times, I want to do certain things and my mind doesn’t object it too much. Rather doesn’t object at all and on the contrary it encourages.So, as per my conscience what I want to do is no wrong at all.

But I still don’t do it. And I have never known why so far?!

There could be this absolutely innocuous stuff that I would want to do and still don’t do. I credit that to what I call as Mystic Force. Somehow, there is something that stops me from doing it. A force that can override my desire!! In a conscious state I would never listen to anyone or any such stuff.

But I do!!! I don’t know why I stop doing what I want. At different points in time the logical explanations could give a reason about why I resisted from doing it. According to me, even that realization or hunch is because of some mystic force.

Need to understand that, and then I suppose life will be in control. Of mine!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Ranjan said...

Can you give us an example?

sidwho? said...

Right or Wrong , moral or immoral is as relative as speed of light and theory of relativity!!
Slodiers of one country are hailed as martyrs and are`said to have earned a pace in God's good books and Heaven... but what about the soldiers of the nation they were fighting against??? They are martyrs for their people , and destined for heaven as far as their people are concerned! But at the end of the day all that these people did was fight and kill and get killed for a piece of land because their respective governments didnt have better sense.. and the audacity to link God with such screwed up sense of moarality!! We consider Hitler evil , but would have said something quite diferent only if he had won!!

sidwho? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sidwho? said...

I agree that there ofetn is an over-riding force that influences decisions and choices we make in our lives... and in the hindsight , you feel grateful for them. I believe its the instinct of a person- a moral person will do something - not because it is moral - but because his instinct will lead him to the right choice.

Shrikanth said...

I agree Sid. Have you read the book ' Blink'. He says that even hunches and instinct are nothing but decisions taht are debated in your subconscious mind.

Ranjan da, I was meaning abt even simple things like wanting to have a beer at sometime and not doing it , though we need not enlist the help of a mystic force for that. :) Was in general saying that you feel you can do it , you dont feel its wrong to do it , but you still you dont do it because something says you no.

sn said...

Boss,
By far the most conttraversial blogs ever read...good amt of food for thought and debate.