Friday, March 02, 2007

Spam, Self Esteem & Humpty Dumpty

Everyday I get spammed to glory. Some of them improve my self-esteem to an unbelievable extent.

Who on earth will just like that grant a loan of some .3 Million dollars for a mortgage? Or for that matter, Nigerian kings bequeathing millions of dollars for an unknown Tambram should be something, isn’t it?

And the marriage bureaus making me feel like I am an eligible bachelor all over again. Malls selling me gifts for all kinds of festivals, Jobs pouring breaking the skies. There is one guy who says ‘start earning the salary you deserve’, as if I don’t want to!!

The sheer range of offers screaming at you like ‘ you have the freedom to choose’ etc, makes you feel almost like you are a king and your self-esteem shoots through the roof.

But the ones that chase me no end, is on improving my performance, you know in what? Starting from extensions to staying power, there is a solution. Looks like whoever has used their services should be doing something the whole day with time for nothing else. That’s the promise they make.

In the midst of all this, there could be a mail from your spouse asking you to do a certain stuff which will get missed and then all these spammers together also cannot help you any which way. And you are nothing but Humpty Dumpty.

No comments: