Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chase II

I had earlier written a piece about the Chase I embark in life and not knowing what it is. It was profound and melancholic. But this morning I discovered what the chase is all about.

It is chasing to find my comb. I have a special one, which I buy at Madurai in dozens. And keep them all in my draw. But they disappear faster than the dinosaurs. I never knew inanimate stuff could go extinct in world. Afterall they need to be somewhere. Not at my house though.

Whatever law of averages you apply, it doesn’t apply. I have my wife, 2 kids, 2 maids and a cook. That makes it 6 in all. Even if each one of them loses one, there should be 6 more left. But they don’t. Somehow between 6 of them they contrive to lose 12 combs. And where on earth a comb can go? We have only crows around the house and I don’t see them having a great mane that they need a comb for.

Anyway I can hear my folks shouting behind me asking so what’s the difference between you and crows.

But this comb business is getting into my nerves. Saving grace is that atleast that I have found what I am chasing. Either a comb or a shaved head.. That’s it ….((

No comments: