Monday, March 12, 2007

Selective Hearing

Looks like the ear has a mind of its own. You only want to hear what you want to. Maybe the mind trains the ear to do so.

Somehow everyone hears the bad stuff only when you speak and you hear only the good stuff of what you want to hear. Real Murphy’s law stuff.

If I murmur that her saree looks like a curtain cloth, my wife can hear it loud and clear. But not once she has heard what I say as something that should be done. I never can understand how that can happen.

People have a tendency to smell disastrous stuff and hear what you really don’t mean. It happens with everyone. There are guys at office, who can keep asking me what they want, but never hear what I want.

My daughter can get glued to TV and never hear what I say. But do you think its good? She can jump at something I say which I am not supposed to.

You generally float around in the world, training the ears to listen to potential nuclear fission information, sharpening them to pick up bad news, which even CIA & NASA are still trying to perfect yet.

Come to think of it, I guess we all are insecure ourselves, that deep in our mind, we keep saying that, what we do, wear, act is not good and sniff around for such comments.

Am not like that though!!! I don’t hear the bad comments and that’s the issue with people around me. They can’t understand how no advice ever gets into my head and am so self-centered. A different kind of 'Selective hearing'

2 comments:

sidwho? said...

you must have noticed that some people have "selective memory" also? For eg , my wife remembers all things nasty that i have said about her parents..but seems to have developed a self-induced amnsia regarding all the troubles i went thru to ensure they are comfortable when they come visiting!!!!

Shrikanth said...

Oh Oh ... Treading dangerous waters buddy.. Lets not even talk abt that. Thats a volume unto itself.