Saturday, March 24, 2007

Colors

I had been having some fun and wisecracks about colors lately. About the color of dresses I wear, the cars friends have and what not. Honestly I am a misfit to comment on that. Because I am color blind. More often than not, I take comfort in that fact to justify my dress sense, when my wife is not around.

OK, first about color blindness. People think that if you are color blind, the world looks like a black & white cinema. And they really feel so sorry about me and I am certain that their imagination runs wild about how my world looks. Well, it isn’t that bad. Its plainly that I can't tell between lighter shades of color and a few other colors get mixed up, like I cant tell between Blue & Green, Green & Gray , Red & Pink , stuff like that. But that doesn’t mean that all of them look similar to me. I can understand that they are different, just that I am not too uptight about telling their correct names and use them properly. I do what appeals to my eye. Seriously thinking of finding a color blind friend and ask them what they think about the dresses I buy.

I am told that there are worse cases than me in color blindness, who can’t tell between even primary colors like Red & Blue. Well that would be something. Could that be, they can cut signals and bump into other vehicles, I don’t know. Guess it won’t be that bad. But if it is, then it is an issue; still it won’t be a black & white movie though.

Psychologists make best use of colors to tell your personality and stuff like that. And what colors to use and what not. Interesting I read that sometimes fast food restaurants use Red & Orange paints to make people not stay too long there. A friend has been teasing me that my choice of car color means that I am pseudo macho, Dark, Evil, Junglee. How I wish I were? Or am I really? Either way I don’t think it would matter to me. But I think there should be some truth in what the shrinks think. But there is also something called as early association. As a kid, if you fell from a pink crib, then maybe even that’s a tough color on you when you grow. I guess I didn’t fall, coz I like pink now.

In a short story, the narrator tries to explain about colors to a visually handicapped person. He draws parallel to how it is like music, the seven notes / swara’s combining to make a riot. I thought it was the best way to explain colors. The seven basic colors coming together weaving magic for our eyes.

A little lesser bit of magic for few of us!!!

3 comments:

supersubra said...

When searching for a particular color get the aid of a girl who is tetrachromat who can see 100 million different colors.

krithi said...

Hey Pink Panther , some gyan on maroon for u...

RED/MAROON
A person who likes red can express many personality traits. The positive ones being passion, energy, and money making. The darker manifestations of those who favor reddish-brown colors can be addictions such as drugs, alcohol, eating disorders or emotional instability. Red-oranges are dynamic people persons who love the outdoors. High emotions are characteristic of those who like red with blue overtones. They can be energetic people to be with.

Shrikanth said...

OK I am gonna take only the positives. Sure I dont look like a guy with a eating disorder :) :P

Energy I agree... ;)