Monday, March 26, 2007

Pehla Nasha

There is nothing like the first crush. People get it at different ages. I am not talking that much about the one you had on your teacher when your schoolbag was taller than you. I am talking about the age where you were supposed to have a decent crush, even if it was on the ugly ducklings.

My first decent one was while I was in 09th std. It was on a girl who went to 10th std. One year older to me. But she was simply awesome. She was almost everything I thought I would want in a girl. But I never had the courage to even walk up and talk to her. Used to stand in street corners just to see her pass by and nothing more than that.

At last somehow I picked the courage to talk with her. In a stupid pretext of asking for a geography book! She was a year senior to me anyway. But then realized to my horror, that it was the most sought after geography book in the whole school and I was beaten in that quest, atleast by a dozen guys.

Life was never the same after that. There had been second, third and some million crushes after that. But the first was the shortest-lived crush on the world. No not exactly, it was there alright for long, but got killed the second it was trying to fructify.

Now, after so many years when I see my daughter’s friends I can't resist a smile in the corner of my lips. Little guys who are not taller than my car would one day be writing a blog like this :))

No comments: