Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tom & Jerry

I had been getting rave reviews on what I write these days. Particularly the ones I write about women, the difficulty in marriage, being a male etc.

Now I don’t take them to my head and bloat in ego. I completely understand that it is not about writing; it is because I seem to touch an emotional chord with my fellow males.

There are many males in this cruel world, who seem to suffer the same fate as I do. But the male pride is not allowing them to bitch and moan about the fight for a blanket! Or betray their incompetence in dealing with simple and straightforward problems in real life.

Problem with a dealer?! Ok no issues, it will be handled! Haggling for the best deal?! OK no issues, it will be handled! Odd time of the night, something is stuck, absolutely no issues, we have the mindset of Zen Buddhist monk. Nothing ruffles a male mind.

Males are a walking encyclopedia of ‘How to fix things yourself’. But for God sake, don’t ever think ‘things’ include owning a blanket, understanding your partner of 20 years, growing up etc. These are unreal things. Stuff for aliens to handle!

We, men can just probably fix business problems, but not the one in an apartment complex. Can sweet talk colleagues into doing the unthinkable, but not daughters into accepting what we say.

We men would know what is right and what is wrong in office. But have we ever dressed decently, or have we bought the right vegetable? My dad, visited subzi mandi’s all his life, but the brinjals he bought never met my mom’s approval for 50 long years. He will innocuously say to mom ‘She (the vendor) told the brinjal will be good’ and cut an extremely sorry figure. The incredulous look that my mom gives him, which would say ‘How can this man be so naïve’, while he had 100’s of people waiting to serve him and for his word!!!

I am certain that all women think that the entire corporate world should be full of fools, to hire nincompoops like us and pay us money too.

There are completely two different worlds that exist. One of males and another of females! And sometimes they are like anti-universe to each other.

And it should rate as the greatest wonder of the world that we can’t co-exist without each other. Like Tom & Jerry!!

No comments: