Thursday, March 29, 2007

Distress in Damsels

My wife is after me to write this one. Maybe she really believes it. People know about Damsels in Distress and there will be a knight in shining armour to save them from all the miseries of the world.

She thinks I bring out distress in damsels. Or rather sometimes I create them. First I am supposed to be a wailing wall and they find a patient and understanding person in me to listen to their woes. And even provide some manly advice.

Sometimes I really shock them by doing things that are almost impossible really, as if I am genie. Make impossible things happen. And stand out as a guy who is not run of the mill.Just break all the rules, demand , get stuff done and make 100 people run for them.

Then the trouble starts.I start getting too close to them. And I want their attention on me all the time. And I want all their time on me. Then starts their distress.

Well this is what she wanted me to write. When my friends read this, they are sure to dump me the next minute. I dont know whether this is what her vested interest is. That they should be dumping me.

What do I think then? I think some of what she says is right. The best parts alone. Rest is debatable.

I do spend all my time with them and talk non-stop with them as if the next day would not dawn. I really get into some issues only when there is something accepted and not done. Like planning to meet but turns out that there is a huge army meeting together, or something that can be avoided but not attempted, because they don't want to say that they are spending time with me/us.

Honestly I understand that there are limitations with people and that too when you are friends with someone of the opposite sex. But I am not somehow able to digest that. The limitation is because of what? Is two people spending time with each other an issue, just because there is a possibility of sleeping together?

Whenver I get that stupid look or grin from someone, I would want to walk up and ask 'Buddy, how are you so sure about my sexual preference, what if I was gay, then you are not safe with me, because I am gonna be wooing you in the next available time alone'

No comments: