Thursday, February 01, 2007

Time for a change

My blogs are getting increasingly morose these days. Even I don’t like that fact. If a rank outsider reads the last few, he might be tempted to think that there is a sociopath in the lurking and quite possibly I can start getting calls from soliciting shrinks.

Well, it’s not that bad as I make it out to be. Sometimes in life you go through a phase and start telling stuff that sounds alien to your own self later on. But then, blogging is all about that.

You just rattle things out in the pretext of anonymity, hoping that there is a million plus readers waiting to know what you have in mind. Actually it’s pretty funny. I don’t think apart from the writers themselves, not many read others’ blogs. I read somewhere that blogging is nothing but voyeuristic publishing. You write, you publish and bingo you read all what you have written.

If what I said is true, then there is a lot of merit in putting down the darker thoughts of your mind into a blog. After all you need a vent for them. And no one anyway reads :)

But, guess I am going to sneak in a few humorous pieces before getting into dark stuff again.

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

I can assure you that your blog postings are closely followed in certain quarters- yours truly being inspired to start his own after going thru yours!!
However , what I appreciate really is that your entries are more like jotting down thoughts and fleeting experiences- much more personal and thus making the reader feel that he is getting to know you a little better ( mine are too topical and impersonal , I m afraid). Thats why you will always be a prolific writer while I might at times go thru the Block- not being able able to find a worthwhile topic to write about( God Forbid) !!