Monday, February 26, 2007

Lovesick

Have always been in love. All my life!! On one thing or other. Or one person or other or many!

In my life, there had never been measures. Or defined extremes! I set them, rather I don set them. I don’t like setting them. They sometimes, because of others get set.

You love something and how do you draw a line to it? You cant! Can you?? As long as love for certain thing or person survives, do you think you can say it’s enough? Something like, ‘OK, my limit for love allows only this much, so please please brain, will you listen to me’??

I love music and I can’t stop collecting them. I love books and I can’t stop buying more. I love movies and I can’t stop seeing them. I love a few people and I can’t stop showing it.

Unlike the other inanimate stuff, my love for people gets shown in many ways. Sometimes just by accepting them, accepting what they do, accepting their anger on me, accepting their distance and accepting my own inability to show love and accepting their inability and compulsion about not to show love! Or by overdoing things, Or by buying stuff for them just to see the pupils dilate. I told you before, I don’t have extremes defined.

I sometimes, just sometimes think that people should show love to me also. But never been patient to wait for that or understand the many different ways they show it. It’s funny that people whom I thought are out of love with me; spring a surprise one day by just surfacing.

In many ways, as much as others I feel that I also take love for granted. And I expect it to stay, shown irrespective of what I do or mean.

I still don’t know whether I am lovesick or sick of love!!!

4 comments:

sidwho? said...

your take on not setting set standards to oneself reminds me of a very amusing line from one of my fav. authors , Late Douglas Adams. he says- " I love deadlines! I am particularly fond of the nice whosshing sounds they make as they fly past!"

P.S - this is of course not my motto... you will find me abiding by deadlines:-)

sidwho? said...

Contrary to popular belief , love extends beyond its depiction on Hindi movie screens ...
Its important to have loves in your life that u cany do without..love for people as well as for inanimate objects and even abstractions like ideology , feelings , taste etc..
A person who is not lovesick is ..er..just sick!!

supersubra said...

I too have doubts sometimes whether love flows thru my veins and arteries instead of blood. Even when my scorpion wife bites with venom it intoxicates me further.

Shrikanth said...

I hope Vaijoo doesnt visit blogs. Then intoxication will be higher and higher :))