Thursday, February 22, 2007

It wasn't me!!

We have always found it easy to blame others. Whatever difficulty we face, mistake we would have done, it is because someone was the reason.

I keep teasing my wife that for her in life ‘it is all because of me’. Even if it is some tap leaking at home and it suddenly decides to turn into a fountain. And I would be at some distant place like Mumbai or Delhi at that time. But you guessed, it would have been because of me. By an extremely ingenious piece of creativity like, the tap starting leaking because, I close it strong and in the process would have screwed it up and not only that, in a passing remark I would have been asked to call my Man Friday to fix that and I got busy chasing a few lakhs of revenue forgetting the leaky tap.

Ok, ok, it is not that bad, it was a futile attempt at exaggeration. But I will tell you; things can be pretty close to that, completely defying logic. And for me, it is all because of her. As I too make many such passing remark that is supposed to be an instruction and obviously you have a fall guy (in my case, a fall gal) when it does not happen.

On a serious note, I was thinking one day on why our attitude is made like this. Very rarely we accept mistakes, unless we know that we can never escape the blame. It all starts from how they rear us from our childhood. We are trained to blame others.

Just look at this. Our toddler would be attempting to do some Superman stuff and in the process would bang against a wall and get hurt. The first thing we as parents say to the baby is, ‘Acho, we will beat this wall nicely’. Awesome, a poor inanimate wall gets blamed because this stupid kid can’t understand its limitations.

That’s how it all starts. From inanimate stuff to the boy the next door who is the always the bad one, we first are on the clear. Why are they otherwise there?

Now you understand, how deeply this affects me? It is all because of her.

No comments: