Sunday, February 18, 2007

Date with God

I suddenly woke up and decided to go to Sabari Mala. Been talking about doing it for long though.

So on a non-seasonal period, hopped into a flight, hired a cab, drove towards the shrine, in the thick of the night. Reached Pamba around 2.00 in the morning and started walking up the hill. It was such a wonderful experience to be doing that, even apart from enjoying the force that drove me taking this arduous climb. The night was chill, just a few people around, sounds of the small animals was making me think it was a joy trek, not withstanding the fact that climb is very very tough and I was panting and puffing very 10 minutes.

Reached at the right time at the top and had a very fulfilling darshan. And felt a sense of great relief and happiness. I have never understood about what makes a man like me do this. I have always been a bit cynical about the way people torture God with prayers, feel miserable for not making to a temple on the appointed day etc. But something drives me to take this strain every time.

The first time I went, I was cursing God almost and vowed never to go back, a decision I changed in a split-second while I was in front of Him. Almost nonchalantly I told Him ‘Seeya, we will meet again’. And kinda realized it later, that I was already contemplating in my mind about coming back.

I do it time & again, almost like an invisible hand drives me. Of course it is so. It is almost like you having a date with God and he chooses the time for you to do it. And what a date it turns about to be!!

My wife was asking me later, how was my conversation with God? It didn’t turn out to be a dialogue after all. Just stood there for a minute maximum, didn’t feel like asking anything, just thanked and walked off. But felt as if something great has been accomplished.

In my everyday life, I shamelessly drop names, pull strings and am very pushy to get what I want. Displaying and achieving power is a chase that I embark upon. If I have to do a small thing, there are at least 10 other people who should help or follow up for me, as if nothing else should matter to them. But still, there seems to be a great pleasure in submitting to power. A power like His!!

1 comment:

supersubra said...

Just for a change
switch on your speakers

http://www.funsnap.com/1/interview.swf

or http://www.llerrah.com/interviewwithgod.htm