Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Aloo, Rice & Beer

These dietician’s nightmare items are my most favorite. I eat rice thrice a day, eat Aloo every second day and beer, well, this is not a confession OK? My wife gets a heart attack every time I jump at these things unabashedly. In a constant worry about how much of carbohydrate I add into my system.

These good treadmills are a disaster really, you run for 30 min at a decent speed and end up burning 100 calories max and these machines mercilessly tells so too. No respect, loyalty to the guy who paid so much to buy them. No attempt to please even one day by saying we burnt 1000 calories.

Coming back to my wife’s discomfiture on this, I am afraid that I would keep doing this and make her too worried and thus her health. But my logic is that, there will be a call one day to quit all of these items, what with generations of diabetes history.Someday I would have no choice but to stop. So, why worry from now itself?

Let the oats and wheat wait till then.

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

Hear! Hear!! With you all the way!!
On aloo , rice and mm beer , but also sone non-veg stuff (with apologies to you) and why just beer?? Vodka and scotch too!!

Thankfully , still on right side of 30 and intend to stuff myself with these greatest gifts of God to mankind ( and also the womankind , whatever wife says!)