Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mr Know-it-all

Lately I had been professing opinions about anything and everything. I have become a ‘Karuthu Kandasami’. Starting from self-analysis to voodoo stuff and giving copious advice like an Agony Aunt.

In fact, even now when I started to think, whether am I talking too much, that again sucked me in a whirlpool of thought and it has once again metamorphosised as another blog.

Guess it is the availability of a medium for expression. When you have a place to say something without the fear of being stoned, and not having to pay for publication, it helps a lot.

And the freedom of not having to contain oneself to specific subjects or thoughts! Just rattle out whatever that strikes you and write it down. And the absence of any compulsion to write anything at all is also good.

Initially, when I really wanted to blog, consciously thinking about what to blog, it was a big pressure and it appeared that I had nothing to say. Or sometimes felt there was too much to say. Cramp everything you read, saw; know into blogs and eventually it turned out that was either too banal or scholarly.

Now that I released myself of that pressure, it comes so very naturally to keep dishing out stuff. Or is it the fact that am not being critical of what I write and stopped worrying about banality or scholarship??

It has become some kind of a joke at home, my daughter saying that ‘ aanalum nee konjam jaasthi ezhuthara’ or me threatening them to submission by saying ‘ if you don’t stop doing what you are doing, I will write now’ : ))

In fact this title should be copyrighted to Somerset Maugham. A wonderful short story with the same title that ends so very classically as all his stories do!!!

Anyway, it seems so good to blog and let it be so now!!

No comments: