Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Dream

Every now & then I pause to think what is my dream. What I want to be doing in life?

When I read about these movie stars going to exotic places like Pattaya to have story discussions, I wish I had that luxury in my life. To do something that you like at a place you like, without any compulsions of meeting a deadline!!!

Left to me, I would probably be a small time Zamindar. Live in a beautiful countryside at a distance of an hour from a metro. Should have a powerful pickup truck. Should have at least 4 dogs in varying shapes and sizes. Should have fields to tend to. Should have a collection of books, movies and music that I indulge on at any time I like. Should earn enough from agriculture to be self-sufficient to meet these needs alone. Come into the city once in a while, so as not to miss anything. Have my fill of theatres, restaurants, and friends and go back.

The issue with all dreams is that you wake up in the end!! But there is a lesson there, you need to anyway wake up if you want to realize your dream and come to think of it, mine is not very difficult to get to. :)

3 comments:

Seema said...

Is definitely not!.. and your writing is getting better and better with each passing blog SM!

Shrikanth said...

He he thanks Seema.I realised that when I write what I want to say, than what I want others want to know, my expression gets better.

sidwho? said...

Seriously.. thats a dream we share!
I dream of myself as one of those IDLE RICH nobleman from P G Wodehouse books- with steady and substantial income , no work , large house and estate with servants and a title to my name , rolling parks , golf( and that should tell you , its a crazy dream) , romantic intrigues , all the works!!
But then as you say , rude awakenings are the only climax in most of these dreams!