Thursday, February 01, 2007

Chase

Been wondering lately about what I chase in life!!! Am not sure whether I chase anything at all. But am pretty busy thinking that I am up to something. Unbiasedly audited, I should confess that I have enough interests and work to keep me occupied for a lifetime.

My library should have at least 300 plus books as of now, ranging from Robert Prisig to Michael Connelly, of course not to miss out the Penthouse Letters. Some of them as fresh as they are bought. Good number of Tamil books too if not equal. But there are times that I keep staring at them and not pick anything. On the contrary, finished 12 novels of Michael Connelly in the last 2 months.

Then the collection of music, enough and more songs, once again ranging from Tamil Folk songs to the Ballads. I get mad listening to them for a period and enjoy silence equally when I am alone.

Have around 400 movies, to the extent of not remembering when I saw what. And keep trying to improve the viewing pleasure with plasma’s and home theatres. Once again, give them a big miss sometimes even risking Clint Eastwood calling me about why I haven’t been seen for so long.

Travel whimsically most of the times. Decided on a Bangkok trip 2 days in advance and confirmed 6 hours before departure. Keep thinking constantly now about this summer’s holiday trip. But am talking about doing a trail of Vanthiya Thevan in Ponniyin Selvan.

Have more work in hand now than the past 20 years, but am sitting at home without any inclination to think in that direction.

Have countless number of friends, but I don’t call one of them, even in the loneliest of times. And when they call speak as if there was a gun on my head. I don’t remember the last time I spoke with my folks, but am excited when they come down and we laugh at trivial things.

Lived as an atheist for a major part of my life, turned theist and I remember God and visit Him once in 2 years.

Lately its cooking and the poor kids suffer in silence. Don’t know when I will get bored of that.

Started writing about the houses I lived so far. Stuck in the 3rd one, with 10 more to go. And seriously telling everyone that I want to make a movie, without even calling the friends in the industry.

Honestly, don’t think I have great plans of what to do in future. Life is fairly full, but somewhere there is a very small piece missing to complete the puzzle.

And the chase I guess is about finding that piece.

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

Reminds me of Waiting for Godot!!