Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Black

We are this family of ‘Black’ fanatics. For me, only black is colour. And only dark skinned girls appeal to me. Keep buying black color clothes as if it is going out of fashion that day. Sometimes, I take it too far by getting turned off by a few fair skinned one’s.

I believe that Black is the natural color and God made people black who faded both in color and character as days went by. And all of us at home have similar opinion.And grew with adages like 'Only Black is beautiful, only burnt is tasty'

So, it’s no wonder that my younger one, all of 5 years also has picked our tastes in color. She happens to be dark like her mom, while me and my first one are less fortunate and in lighter shade.

Lately, my daughter has picked this up as a riposte when I keep calling her Blackie for fun. She says, ‘Me & Mom are black, Daddy & Akka are yuwak’ and the genuinity with which she says yuwak is simply unbelievable. :)) More about black later!!

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

you know there is short story by Asimov , which is in form of a message from an alien visitor. The alien reveals that they had brought life and developed human on earth and shapingb their technological and other growth with occassional visits. they say that they had modelled humans to look like them. at they end they conclude- " but we believe some you still suffer from an aberration. It seems the some of you are still WHITE!! We have now come to cure that!!!!!!!"