Thursday, June 28, 2007

My New Look Blog

Here it comes! Had wanted to make the change in the template of my blog. Mostly because of the navigation problem! The number of posts has increased and for every 5 I write, one turns out to be good. And when someone speaks with me, I ask him or her ‘Hey did you read this post, that post?’ and I get a blank look.

Even if they want to go back and read that, finding the post was an onerous task. Invariably, till the next time we meet and if the discussion once again veers to that, it is forgotten. But if it happens, then it forces the guy to tell a lie. He could not have found it and also happens to be decent enough not to tell me that it is tough finding the post ( well, I had been selling myself this story, I don’t even want to imagine that people don’t want to read what I say ). So, I decided to change the template. Then, as it is my wont, started finding 100 reasons about why the old one was bad. It was dark; the fonts were too small, blah blah.

Anyway here it is, and as I have met the readers’ needs, I expect to be repaid. Now they have to read my posts. No excuses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the old template better.
I login once daily to see if u have posted some thing new and the best post i like was ur Air travel..

Regards
MrX

sidwho? said...

Disagree...
You maynot have a million readers and best seller list still has to wait for some time. But most importantly , you have created a small band of appreciative audience ( who will overlook the occassional bland ones ) who will be faithful irrespective of the blog-look ( we realise that looks can be deceptive:-), We are completely content-driven!!!

Shrikanth said...

Hey thanks guys... My false sense of having a readership now becomes real sense. On hindsight, I also feel the old template was more like me a person, this one is slightly off-color and bland sometimes. Anyway, will run this for a while.

Sid, now for template changes Google helps. Content is mine, so your expectation is a pressure :))

Anonymous said...

Maams,

I am one of the silent readers of uer blogs & infact i wanted to tell you to change the black background.. not from the aesthetic sense, but from making it readable at office time and still look like you are doing something official...

Belated Anniversary Wishes....

Goutham