Thursday, June 07, 2007

Health...A state of mind

Of people who love you!! I have always believed that I am superfit for my age despite having to pop 3 tablets every morning. And for added measure sometimes include two more. But it has never bothered me.

At 40 plus with so much reading in the most unstable of the transport systems, I can’t complain about wearing a progressive lens. In fact I am only glad that I do, as things are clearer now. How I wish we got such progressive lens for looking at people and relationships?!

I know with the heart working overtime ;) I am liable for some blood pressure and see no harm in having a maintenance contract with that, by popping a tablet. And the third tablet, I would love to have anytime, as it is given to reduce my triglycerides, the single most reason for them being my Kingfisher. The alternate options suck, so the tablet seems to be God sent. Stopping the beer would stop the tablet. But who wants to stop anyway? The tablet doesn’t increase weight so let it be. On the contrary it reduces my fat. So, it is a welcome tablet.

Doctors now & then get corrupted by medical representatives and prescribe something for disorders that you don’t know that exists with you. I am not joking. My dog was put on an anti-anxiolytic when my second daughter was born. I seriously think that medical companies first invent the disorder and then the drugs for it.

Anyway, my attempt at humoring this does not go well with the people who love me. They are mighty scared. My wife by this time would have enlisted the help all possible Gods in life and given an ultimatum, that they would be popping anti-anxiolytic drugs themselves. Sometimes I get to discover that a certain God exists. One Danvanthiri God with a beautiful temple with pooja’s and what not!

Point is that I feel absolutely ok and I think, as you grow old there would be some wear & tear and considering many of my age I feel I am much better of. But for your loved ones even a small thorn in your legs will be a thorn in their heart. The only time my daughter cried was when she saw me in the ICU. And I feel really bad and like letting them down when I make light of their worries or get animated with their discomfort about my health.

To think of it, it pays to be super healthy. Atleast for their sake!! Kingfisher is after all a bird, it should fly off!!

1 comment:

sn said...

a morning blog on health and kingfisher;is it a indication of party tonite :)