Wednesday, June 20, 2007

42-Inch Mystery

Well this is not John Holmes stuff. Anything with inches gets spammed these days. So, let me clear this at the outset. But I go through this every morning. I have cribbed about it in the past in these pages. Here it goes again.

More than half my shirts are 42- inch in size. I remember that they fitted well in the past. Now when I wear them, I look like a coat hanger. They simply hang on me. This should be an open & shut case. I may have got shrunk as I said. But it doesn’t seem to be true.

I didn’t want to waste all these nice shirts so I invested on a gym to expand myself to 42 and worked out like a maniac. And ended up getting tighter for the other shirts but still was a coat hanger to others. But the problem doesn’t stop there.

There are some shirts that are 42, which still fits me. Being a guy interested in logic, I tried to deduce the reasons. First I thought it could be because I buy some shirts in a seconds shop. And the labeling would be wrong. So what I think as 42 is 44, or what I think as 40 is 42. I was happy having found out a logical reason and was peaceful.

Again, a real good branded shirt that was bought in an exclusive showroom in the size 42 fits me perfectly. Now this is a mystery. If this was right, then how come I am not 42 normally?

I am seriously thinking of either getting back to tailored shirts, or just start wearing kurta’s to office, or check up myself for structural deformity. Could be that I have elastic bones. But if I continue to be a freak show material like this, I might as well go shirtless like Salman.

But I am convinced that there is something fundamentally wrong in arithmetic. No one has really found out 42 as a number comes after what!!! Could be a potential Nobel prize answer.

No comments: