Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tour Diary

Atlast I have got my chance to write a tour diary. I can stop worrying about loss of ideas on what to write. Hopefully these 10 days are going to be so very rich in providing me content that I will now get back into the old habit of prolific writing. Well I need not have worried as I started from a favorite hunting ground of mine, airports. This, while being written in one airport terminal also gave me the chance to pass through the first one with the usual dosage of humorous episodes.

I wonder why Air Deccan bothers to even announce every time that they regret to announce the departure of their aircraft no ‘so and so’. I am really tempted to write to them with a suggestion of what could their script be. Afterall I fancy myself to be a scriptwriter. Theirs should be going like this ‘We are up to our regular tricks. The flight that you want to take will be delayed as usual and in the unseemly event of the flight taking off in time, we advise that any passenger with known cardiac problems, have a sorbitrate in hand, though we will do our best to keep them from having a heart attack’. Maybe it is a low cost airline, but these guys should be kind enough to provide humor atleast without charging us anything or within the Rs 10/- ticket.

I never cease to wonder about this puzzle. How on earth the seats that are front of you declines the maximum and ours the minimum! And about the urgency of people flipping on the cell phones as soon as the plane touches the ground, despite 100 warnings. There are certain things in life that never changes. The character of air travelers is one such thing. Since I have beaten this subject to death, I am sparing others and myself from the agony of reliving the experience and my depiction.

The drivers of travel taxis should be thinking that they are Supermen. I am very convinced about that. They always proudly claim that they can go on without sleep for 10 days. I am yet to hear one guy who has told me that he feels sleepy. Mine was a slit-eyed guy. So it became even more difficult to find out whether he was sleeping while driving or God has really endowed him with a gift of sleeplessness along with the slit-eye. Second superhuman ability they think they possess is an unbreakable car along with immortality. The number of suicide attempts he made with us suffering a slow and natural death was countless. Otherwise he will chatter and try to kill us in one go. Somehow he failed in his attempt to murder us and got us to the Hotel.

The Hotel so far is the “coup de grace”. Small town but the hotel is reachable only through a cable car. Kids are freaking out while it dawned upon me during lunch ( when I ordered for a plain yellow dhal and was charged Rs 190/- ) that this cable car business is nothing but decent imprisonment and fleecing technique. But who cares about the co passengers, slit eyed drivers with murderous intent and the imprisonment as long as the family smiles. And you can put up with their pronunciation of dessert as dejjert!!!

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

Good to know that you and family are enjoying your just "dejjarts"