Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pied Piper & Sirens

The story of Pied Piper has always fascinated me as a kid. Maybe my love for music either germinated from that or my already existent love for music made me love the story so much. Point is about the fact that there could be someone who can lure both rats & children by what he played.

Indian Mythology is not very far in this count. Lord Krishna was supposed to herd the cows by his magical flute Murali. And more recently, the contemporary flautist Hariprasad Chaurasia had the temerity to say that he did not know how the Lord did it, but he knows that he can do it.

If there be needed a volunteer to check out his arrogance, I would have been a willing participant and he would win hands down. I am so very fascinated by music, good music that is. I sometimes have reached a high that I have got lost in that and burnt myself in the smoking cigarette.

And as if to test my self-control, I know quite a few sirens. Someone as the legend says, can lure you by their seductive singing. I keep thinking that all it needs to keep me quiet while I am angry or too talkative is some singing. Maybe I pass on a clue here, folks can start singing as a response to me and I would have none further.

I know I am digging a grave myself here. My meetings in office could well become a singing orgy. But then, if it is going to good music, business can wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish i could say the same to my boss(for good music,business can wait)

Mr X