Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In Search of words

Here I go again! Whenever, I keep talking a lot, my ink well dries up. It is the probably the same thoughts that either gets expressed as written words or spoken words. Having set such frantic pace, now I am gasping to catch for breath.

But this time around, something tells me that it is just not about spoken whatever I want. It is also about not having much as thoughts. Sid has set voodoo on me, by saying stuff like, ‘people around can hear the buzz of your thoughts’. And suddenly this buzz is not even heard by me, leave alone people outside.

Been traveling heavily, but then it was never a deterrent for writing and if at all, it was only a fodder to my thoughts. I get to see all funny things at the airport and I get so very itchy that I start writing in the flight itself, once or twice getting a severe reprimand for not switching off the laptop while landing. And travel also gave me plenty of time alone to dig thoughts out of my mind and create the self-styled masterpieces.

The cartoon strips were one source to trigger thoughts and while I still look at them, nothing strikes me to write ( though I might sneak in a piece that Croc inspired ). Reading has stopped virtually. Not a single word has been read in 3 weeks now.

Never thought that one day I will sit and analyze about what has triggered me to write so much. But I do now. And almost as if I have committed a sin by not posting a blog for a long time, I have taken this banal topic to fill in some pages. But, atleast this helps me stay in touch with words.

The reality could be that, I am doing so many other interesting things in life that blog writing has taken a backseat. Spending time with friends, which I was not doing earlier. Or maybe I am working. Or maybe the pressure of having to write got into me.

And after having written volumes after volumes with a handful of readers, now when I get more, I am at loss for words. : (

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

What?? You drying up??????????