Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Too Late

Looks like I need to get up from the slumber. It always appears to me that I am too late for anything. Or also too lazy for anything! Never been so self-deprecating in recent times. But, now these thoughts weigh on me pretty heavily.

I wrote my first piece a clear 4 years back. It was a translation of a single page from one of my favorite Tamizh books. And in bits & pieces I wrote. And kept all of them safely hidden in my hard disk. Dared to show it to a few friends who felt it was good.( I am bluffing, both the guys actually reported to me, no wonder what I wrote was good, should have been appraisal time! ) But still, I never had the inclination to try the second page. The very task of doing the entire book was daunting and I kept postponing. But never failed to dream that some day I will complete it and even publish. Well, now it is published. But by someone else! And now, the only OK effort I did for a page is also wasted.

I was already into my 5th year of Internet-aware stage then. But still didn’t blog. Don’t know whether I really knew about blogging then. And then started to write what I thought as my last work, if & when it gets published. Some pace it took and then again went into hibernation. I specifically chose the subject that is close to what I experienced, because I didn’t trust my imagination or creativity to complete any work of writing. But still, despite having enough content, I am dragging. This time smartly I have kept myself a deadline, but I am personally not so sure.

OK, why am I blabbering all this now! Simply because I had been visiting a few blogs in the past two days and everyone seems to be a mixed bag! Rare pieces of good humor, sensible writing appears in a deluge of crap. So, I get into this trip! Thinking how it would have been, if only I had started writing long time back ( maybe they would have visited my blog and searched a rare good piece in the crap-deluge ). People just write, irrespective of what they think that others would think of what they write. And I keep cribbing about having lost time, without actually writing.

Is it too late already ?! Don’t know really. Sometimes I land up in certain blogs and start wondering about why that person hasn’t been writing big time already. And I set myself back in time for a while. Or know about Amit Aggarwal , who apparently makes lakhs of money by blogging and get a feeling that I am just plainly too lazy to do anything. Even things that I love doing!!!

1 comment:

sidwho? said...

If one book has already been covered by someone else...get another one to work on. I am sure dearth of books is not what inhibits you!!
Thought you have attained the state where criticism of public didnt matter. may be you owe this to YOU
As for the appreciation, its "you scratch my back I scratch yours"- I will alwyas appreciate your posts as long as its mutual:-)
May the "mutual admiration society" live on- Amen