Friday, July 20, 2007

Miracles

There is a news item in today’s TOI that it is a miracle that planes land safely in Indian runway’s, enlightenment dawned after the Brazil tragedy. Many times I have shared my thoughts on how air travel itself is a tragedy in India. However, I should accept that this has put a strong spoke in my travel plans that were anyway a non-starter because of weary legs and lack of motivation. I am not traveling. Period.

But coming back to miracles, my favorite anecdote always has been this dialogue between the Yaksha & Yudhistra in Mahabharatha. He says that the belief of people that they will live forever, when they see people dying all around them everyday as the biggest miracle. I thought I would list a few that I encounter myself.

  • Brainless people controlling the fate of millions. Sometimes even a few hundreds!!
  • Jayalalitha and her survival as a politician still.
  • Belief of the financial institutions that they can sell loans through telecalling.
  • Belief of hardcore optimists like me that things will eventually turn out to be good at office.
  • People who behave as friends but do not have a single honest thought spoken out.
  • Nice guys always finishing second.
  • Ability of my erstwhile team to laugh and stay happy while under extreme duress in reality.
  • Tamilnadu Congress party and their belief that they mean something to us.
  • The Directors who always think that their movie is different from others.
  • Folks who put up with me



In fact this could be an endless list, so much so that I will kill the sanctity of miracles themselves. But I should stop somewhere. I need to get busy creating a miracle. To stay focused on my seemingly important task.

No comments: