Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Escalators

In my life, I have never been afraid of heights and neither about going up. Provided it was my way. Easy ways don’t appeal to me. I believe that one should work hard to go up and any shortcut is unfair.

Well this has been my story when I refuse to take the escalators. Truth is that I was shit scared about it. Happened because once I tripped and immediately thereafter there was this small girl who died in the Delhi airport. Since then, I had seen them only as killing machines and I developed a morbid fear.

I was an object of ridicule, I know. Because this apparently strong man, would take a circuitous route of stairs! And inside me, I was feeling so wretched because my daughter of 5 years had this as a game in all malls. She plays with them. And I was running around to find staircases.

There was this funny character who claimed to be my friend, who talks only in hyperboles and exaggerates everything. He came to me and said he will cure me of this fear. And gave a gyan about all fears & pains come due to subconscious invitation from us, so I should be telling myself “I didn’t invite you fear, please go back”. Honestly I wish I did that to him.

Anyway, a month back I broke the fear myself. Went to city center and realized that it is just not easy to take elevators or stairs. Prayed to my family deity and jumped into it. And then it was child’s play ( no pun intended ). After that, now every week, I laugh at the guys who come close to the escalator, have this nervous look and back off.

Afterall, one should be courageous in life, can’t understand these guys who are scared of escalators. Crazy bums!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Afterall, one should be courageous in life, can’t understand these guys who are scared of escalators. Crazy bums!"

Aaha!!! Avara neega.... Oru maargamathanya alayarangya

Goutham

supersubra said...

If you want to be fit
use escalator

just visit this link

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/BA2FFFAF-1DD1-4B52-B39B-D416E5414F43/