Friday, September 08, 2006

Women with Glasses

Dorothy Parker said, 'Men dont make passes with women who wear glasses'. I dont think this generalisation is right. Atleast I dont fit into that generalisation. In fact , its the contrary. I get attracted by them.

Was wondering what could be the reason , she says so or people think so. Maybe, it gives an intellectual look and men stay away from intelligent women, scared of the bluff being called !!! Or not looking directly into the eyes of women , does not give comfort to them.

Whichever way I look, it is the insecurity of men that would subscribe to such thoughts. Is it really true ?? What Dorothy says ? Maybe the rhyme part of it appealed to her. Someone should conduct a research on that. :)

I atleast know of one Director , K.Bhagyaraj who invariably makes his heroines wear glasses. Remember him being asked this question , dont remember the answer though.

And I as I said, turn back atleast once if an woman wears glasses. What makes me do that, I dont know. So, the reasons are as inconclusive as on the other side.

3 comments:

Woodooz said...

While K Bhagyaraj made all his heroines wear glasses, there one exception to it - HIS DAUGHTER. Maybe he wanted all the men to take notice of her.

krithi said...

Ahem!!!! Ahem!!!! Men will be men.. and will take a look if a woman is attractive, glasses or not. I agree with u.

Anonymous said...

//men stay away from intelligent women//

My wife used to say many women also cant digest too much intelligent men as they also boast about them self and never look at the talent of their spouse. And She feels safe as I can never have a girl friend other than her, the only person who can tolerate me on the earth.

By the way all the married women on earth will utter such statement (I alone can tolerate you).

SS